Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chronicle Journal - Week Two!

Left Page

Right Page
Full
Chronicles Journal ~ Week Two

I watched a lot of YouTube mixed media art videos and over the next year I'm going to try as many of them as I can.
I saw one that reminded me of my younger years, blowing your paint with a straw!! 
So, I wanted to give it a try again....I love how the paint flows out in all kinds of spidery directions and the fun designs, wonderful colours and just the joy randomness brings! 

I did however, forget that you gotta have a lot of breath in you when you start, :)

I also decided to give rubber-stamping a shot....it's harder than I thought, especially if you use paint and not ink but fun anyway.

I have a lot of photos of when I was in Alaska and climbed several glaciers, it was one of THE most magical times in my life. I didn't want to take them out of their albums, glue might have destroyed them. I found a magazine photo that shows two of my favorite things...PENGUINS! and GLACIERS! Yay!

I have waaayyyyy too much ribbon and mulberry paper so I destashed a bit here.

I doodled with ink and markers....no pencil first, crude but way fun!
One of my very favorite quotes is:
Art is the only way to run away without ever leaving home!
~Twyla Tharp~

My Journal52 posts are in my blog too, just search Journal52 if you'd like to see them.

Being able to not be so "precious" (my hubs word for it) with my art, worrying about whether it is "good enough" or not is absolutely amazingly freeing! 

See you Week Three!! :)


4 comments:

  1. OMG, now I have to try the straw technique! These look fantastic - and that picture of the penguin! *Swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'm definitely going to use the straw technique again, it was a lot of fun but I must have looked a bit funny to hubs walking around my table huffing on a straw!
    Thanks to this fantastic anti-journaling I got to relive some super amazing memories.....glaciers and penguins~ made my WEEK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Great pages!!! I am so glad you're having fun with this project - the point is to let loose and give yourself a book of memories you're glad to revisit so you are RIGHT on track. I have been using a straw to blow out watercolors when they refuse to drip - so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete